Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determine Row in DataGrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eno25

Programmer
Nov 10, 2004
GB
Hi - I'm using VB6 and have a number of records displayed in a DataGrid control. The idea is that the user selects a row and clicks OK to continue.

I have set the MarqueeStyle property to dbgHighlightRow so that if a user clicks on a cell, the row is highligted.

The problem is that the SelBookmarks property is only set when the user clicks the Record Selector arrow on the left of the row; if the user just clicks on the row SelBookmarks.Count is 0.

My client has said that they would like the user to be able to simply select the row in the DataGrid without necessarily using the record seletor.

Can anyone think of a way of doing this? I've been searching and can't seem to turn anything up.

Thanks for the help!

Kevin

Not sure what kind of datagrid you are using. However, if you are using MSFlexGrid and selection mode is by row then

Value In Column X = FlexGrid.TextMatrix(FlexGrid.row,x)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back