Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determine owner of active directory group

Status
Not open for further replies.

theniteowl

Programmer
May 24, 2005
US
We manage access to folders on a network share and need to be able to determine who the contact is to approve additions to any security group when access to the folder is requested.
We do not have access to create or modify the groups, only to be able to assign those groups rights on given folders.
We need to be able to assist the requester in identifying the correct group he needs to be added to and who the owner of that group is that will be able to approve their addition.
Please excuse me if the term owner is inappropriate, that is how it is always refereed to here though I think it would be something more like an administrative contact listed for the group.

I have looked at a number of different vbs scripts on the web but cannot get any to work providing me with the information.
I need to be able to search by a group name and have it return the info on that group.
How would I determine the organizational unit value? I know the domain but not OU if it is needed in the query.

Any help would be appreciated.

At my age I still learn something new every day, but I forget two others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back