Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detecting Query Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisHunt

Programmer
Jul 12, 2002
GB
By sending the relevant parameter to CALL_FORM, forms can be run in a query-only mode. Is there any way for a form to determine programatically (in a trigger) whether or not it's been called in this way?

I was expecting/hoping to find some GET_FORM_PROPERTY or GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY value to tell me this, but without success. Does anybody know if this is possible, or is it another of those annoying "Forms knows but it's not telling you" cases?

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Not directly Chris I don't think. However there a few work-arounds.

You could pass a form parameter through to the called form to indicate query-only status or set a global variable to flag it up.

Alternatively, if your called form has database items in it try setting one of them to something and catching the forms error message that comes up indicating the form is in query-only mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back