Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detecting device from system (poll the port available?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephonefox

Technical User
Jun 9, 2010
US
Hi guys,

Working on a project and inherited a question about the Aastra MX one TSW. All I need to know is if it is possible to Poll a port/ext to detect if it is equiped with a device/phoneset? If so, what information does the polling provide? We are in desparate need to find over 1K+ extensions that are unaccounted for. Finding out if there is a device associated with the extension would be a great help!

Thank you in advance!!
Mindy
ThePhoneFox

If your phones are of the digital system phone type, then you can spot the disconnected ones by using the command:
BLFDP:TYPE=KL1;
If you want to see the unregistrered IP phones, use IPEXP:DIR=ALL;

Analogue phones cannot be "seen" disconnected from the TTY terminal.

///doktor

Thank you Doktor! Can you think of any other way to tell if there is a device connected to ports on the system? Upgrading firmware via the system or something along those lines?

Thank you again!
Mindy
ThePhoneFox

When you say the extensions are "unaccounted for" do you mean the licenses are used but you cannot see where? or?
What is the problem with using the method Doktor has already stated?

Hi Himdp,

Nothing wrong with it, I just wanted to be thorough. Licensing is not an issue, it is configured extension, so I am trying to make sure we account for everything.

Thanks!
Mindy
ThePhoneFox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back