Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detecting Cancel on Parameter Query to stop Result Form from appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catrina

Programmer
Feb 11, 2000
US
Hi,<br><br>I am using Access 2000.<br><br>I have a main menu that starts with Access. On it I have an option that runs a parameter query, then pops up a form with the query results. My problem is, if the user selects this option, then clicks cancel on the parameter box, the results form pops up(empty, but there). I want to detect the cancel click and stop the call to the form. I am just learning, so a fairly detailed answer would be appriciated! Thanks<br><br>Catrina

Although this may seem like a lot of work it should do the trick.<br>Instead of the button launching the query which has a Prompt in it.&nbsp;&nbsp;make the button ask the question using an InputBox function. Then put the value if there is one in a hidden textbox on your form and have the query look at that box. If the user presses Cancle then it will cancel if the user presses OK it will take that vlaue and put it in a text box and then launch the query.<br><br><br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back