Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Details Section of Group Splitting Between Two Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmelon

MIS
Sep 25, 2003
US
I have a 7 page report with multiple groups. The one section is splitting between 2 pages, with the group info and two records one one page, and the last record and sum information for the group on the next page. Is there anyway to force the group to stay together with using the page break before or after, as this would give me way more pages than I need?

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

As a matter of fact, there is. Right click your table, go to table properties, and then the Groups tab. Edit the group in question. There should be, at the bottom of the General tab under Grouping & Sorting Properties, be the choices "Page Break at Start" and "Page Break at End". Choose accordingly.

Let me know if that doesn't help.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

I know about this but it isn't a valid option for me. I don't want a new page for each occurence of the group as that would cause it to be like 13 pages. I want multiple occurences to appear on one page, I just don't want it to split in the middle of the group. Does this make sense?
Thanks,
Jeremy

It does. Have you tried the "Fit Table on One Page if Possible" option in Table properties?

Otherwise, I don't know of any "Keep together" option like Crystal has for individual groups. Which really sucks. I hope MS fixes that for the next version.

There is a Layout property on the group that says "RepeatOnNewPage". I don't know if that will help you any.

Another thing you might try is to uncheck the "Can Increase to Accomodate Contents" box on all the field properties. Then assign a specific height to all those fields. That might help some.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

It appears there is no way to have precise control of over where the page splits which is probably just a first version bug.
Thanks for your help,
Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back