Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Details missing/suppressed in sub-report in error. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven4

Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
US
Crystal 9.0

I have a report that calculates the count and total balance due for items based on two different codes – A and B. There is a sub-report as well which lists the details for each of the two codes. My issue is that when I run the report, the sub-report is totaling the count and balance correctly to match the figures in the main report, but the details in the sub-report are missing data. The balance due on each detail item can be either $197.50 or $98.75. Any record where the balance due is $197.50 is printing, but records where the balance due is $98.75 is missing.

There is no conditional suppression anywhere that I can find in either the main or sub-report, and the only criteria for balance due in both is that the balance must be greater than $0.00.

I am passing parameters from the main report to the sub-report but I don't think there's any issue there, because if I run the SQL Query from both the main report and the sub-report in SSMS all of the records are returned properly in both reports. The data is there – it’s just not printing the details in the sub-report properly and I can’t figure out why.

Is there a way I can search for conditional formatting in areas I may have missed? Are there other things I can check?

Thanks.

Do you have group suppression set up

In top menu

Report->Selection Formulae-Group

Ian

When you pass parameters or other values to a subreport, it automatically added them as record selection criteria within the subreport. Within the subreport, you can chooose Record Selection and change or remove these tests.

Is that it?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Thanks, Ian, that was it. There was a group selection formula for amounts greater than $175.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back