Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Details B Displays Twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

govmule

MIS
Dec 17, 2002
US
Hello All,

I'm using Crystal Reports 8.5 running on Crystal Enterprise 8 hitting a MSSQL Server 2000 database.

My report has two details sections. Details a contains client information. Details b contains a memo field and is suppressed if blank.

My problem is when the memo field does exist it displays the details b section above and below details a. The memo field displays twice. Once before and once after the client information. This is the wierdest behavior.

Does anyone have any advice. If I have not been clear enough or additional info is needed, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jack

I assume you've been using detail-line suppress to avoid duplicates. It's not the best way: much easier to group on something like Client Account Number. Put the record details in the group header or footer, and suppress the actual detail lines. For client information, do a summary total for the group and choose Maximum. (If you're not already familiar with Crystal's automated totals, see FAQ767-6524.)

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back