Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

detailed call recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

medicamx

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2014
MX
I have set up my Detail caller recording, the email servers are correct, and the DN and lines are programed, but I still keep geting a error that the email servers are not valid. I went through this one time, and I think I had to autorize something to use the internet, Really I do not remember just that it had more to do with internet that the telephone.

Any ideas...

DENNIS JOSE PEREZ ARCHULETTA

When I setup message forwarding on my BCM50 I had to specify the DNS Domain Name under System - IP Subsystem to finally get voicemail messages to forward to my email address. I also set the Primary DNS address to the IP address of my router. Maybe you need to make entries in this area to make your application work.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Would that be the domain name of the email provider? and is it the internal or public IP of the router?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

In my case I set the DNS Domain name to that of my internet provider in the format nsvip05.windstream.net which I found by doing a Google search for "Windstream DNS server". The IP address was set to the internal address of the router, which is the same as the gateway address when you run ipconfig from a command prompt.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back