Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detail supress problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazcadman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
GB
Hi,

I am struggling to suppress data in my details section
I have a formula @PeriodDue which tells me which period the order is due in

If {OAS_DOCLINE.DUEDATE} <= {@Currentdate} then "This period" else
If {OAS_DOCLINE.DUEDATE} >{@Currentdate} and {OAS_DOCLINE.DUEDATE} <= {@DateP2} then "This period +1" else
If {OAS_DOCLINE.DUEDATE} >{@DateP2} and {OAS_DOCLINE.DUEDATE} <= {@DateP3} then "This period + 2" else
"Beyond"

I also have a parameter, {?ViewPeriod}, which allows selection of one or all three of the options. I have done this but then don't seem to be able to supress the details section based on that parameter. I don't know how to write the formula.

I can do suppress where {?ViewPeriod} <> {@PeriodDue} when i select just This Period but if i select more than 1 option from the parameter it just ignores it. How can i say suppress if not equal to one of????

Any help greatly appreciated.

Karen

Try:

not({@PeriodDue} in {?ViewPeriod})

-LB

What actually are you putting in your suppress section? I've done suppressions based on multiple criteria, both in 8.5 and 10. (You should give your version.)

I'd expect you to be able to create a boolian, a formula field without an 'If'. Something like
Code:
{OAS_DOCLINE.DUEDATE} <= {@Currentdate}
or
({OAS_DOCLINE.DUEDATE} >{@Currentdate} and {OAS_DOCLINE.DUEDATE} <= {@DateP2})

First display it on the detail line, till it is what you want. Then use it to suppress - it it were called @TestIt then you could suppress by saying @TestIt or @not TestIt

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back