Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detail Section too short 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechieJr

Instructor
Nov 13, 2002
CA
Hello All,

Just when I think I have my report finished, I run into another wall.

In my report, I am trying to copy an existing form (3 pages long)which we are required to submit our quarterly reports on. I have created a series of subreports to report different areas of information. They are all sized appropriately and placed in the detail section of a master report. All was working well until I got to the end and ran out of length in the detail section. I need about 2 more inches. I did get some space by moving one subreport to the report footer, but am still short.

As I am trying to copy an existing form, I cannot use the "Can Shrink" or the "Can Grow" features. Everything must be in the same place as the prescribed form.

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to rework the form or share a trick on how to get the extra space I need? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
TechieJr.

Actually, if you have all the "subreports" that make up "sections" exactly mimic the form you wish to see, include sub reports and set the subreports and details section to cangrow, everything should be in the exact spots necessary.

A subreport tagged to cangrow will push everything else down appropriately. So your first subreport contains says the first few inches of display from your form, the second the next few inches and so on. These subreports are placed on a master report and made to be fairly thin as far as hieght. Set all the can grow properties and you should get the results you are seeking...

=======================================
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+
w: rljohnso@stewart.com
h: wildmage@tampabay.rr.com

Robert,

Thank you so much for this post. Your answer worked wonderfully! Thanks for opening my eyes to a different way to construct forms. A star for you.

TechieJr.

Hi mstrmage1768,

Very cool answer, stopped me from running home in tears ;)

another star for your galaxy!

thanks

Hi and THANKS,
tek-tips to the rescue again, just what I needed, when I needed it, GREAT stuff
Billclap, a southern Star from OZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back