Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detail Section Overflowing into Group Footer with subreport 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciscowiz

MIS
Apr 21, 2004
US
Hello all -

I am using CR9 with SQL Server 2000. My report is an invoice and has the details section split into A and B. B is suppressed based on a condition and A is to display the normal records. Group Footer is split as well with GF1-A holding a subreport. GF1-B essentially serves as a Page footer. In the "Section Expert" I have "Print at bottom of page" checked for the main GroupFooter options, not for A or B in particular. Basically what I want is the group footer to be anchored to the bottom of each page and the detail section to flow in above it and below the group header so the only variable size section would be the detail section. What is happening is the detail print as many records as it can and completely invade the group footer A section that has the subreport. It looks like a jumbled mess. How do you keep the details section from writing into the GF section?

Thanks,
Bryan

It sounds like the subreport is overflowing, not the details.

Anyway, why not use a page footer instead of the group footer as a page footer since they are in the main report?

No print at bottoms involved.

-k

I dunno I guess I'm stupid...I thought by moving my totals and subreport to the page footer it would screw up their values in relation to the group.

Anyway, thanks it worked, I just had to create a conditional header to show up for additional pages. Is there anyway to determine if there is a need for a second page so you can have individual page numbers?

Thanks,
Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back