Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detail - How to Pull 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sigstad

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
US
I'm a real novice at ReportSmith. How does one write a variable to capture the history for an employee's salary. I can get it to change depending on the effective date but not put all the data into one report. Thanks in advance for your help.

If I understand your question, you want to turn off effective dating and pull all of the records not just the most current or as of a date asked user etc.

To do this go to Tools menu and Tables Sub Menu. Click on the effective dated table (The Job Table). Then click on the Effective Date button. This will take you to the window that is used to create the effective date key. Close to the bottom you will see a large button (I can't remember how it is labeled). Click it, you will go to a window that lets you select how your report is effective dated. Select No Effective Dating. You will get a warning telling you that you can not undo this. Click ok etc.

ALT WAY TO DO THIS:
Go to Tools menu and Selections Menu. Remove all selections for effective dating.

Click Done.

If you have a box that asks for a effective date go to the Tools menu and the Report Variables menu. Remove the EffectiveDate Report Variable.

Hope this helps... CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back