Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detail 1 band is to large to fit

Filip Brnic

Programmer
Dec 25, 2023
RS
Hello, my report goes over the (20") margin, i thought the visual fox pro would automatically seperate that into mutliple pages but im encountering the error regardless... Can someone help???

If band's height is greater than 22", you get error 1298 "Detail 1 band is too large to fit on page". This is not VFP limit, but Windows limit. That's all.

Are you trying to define a report for continuous paper, like receipt printing?
Did you install printer drivers for the receipt printer? Then in page setup you should be able to also choose endless paper, so no page height limitiation.

It could help to create a label instead of a report (LBX instead of FRX and simple CREATE LABEL instead of CREATE REPORT), but on my current Windows 10 system there's not much of a difference regarding the page setup of label vs report, it all depends on printer driver abilities.

What you could try is create a new label with the wizard, that'll ask you for the label paper you use and has a list of pretty much all standard label papers including continuous roll paper, I think in a list to pick from.

Hello, you must create custom paper in your printer seting

Exists one trick only - split very long band to more bands within fake groups.

You might need to manually adjust your margins or split the report into smaller sections. But yeah I agree spliting is the easy solution.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back