Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

detach license

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffa2005

Technical User
May 24, 2005
GB
hi,
we have 3 nokia CheckPoint NG with AI boxes (site A ip710; site B 2x ip 650 (cluster); site C sunfire boxes)

site B (10.0.0.x) no longer exist and firewalls shutdown and in sotrage.

site A 192.168.100.x
site C 10.233.0.x

now i need to detach a license from Site B and attach it to Site C.. without having to put the firewall on the network again.. is this possible? if so how would i go about in forcing a detach?

otherwise.. if i put site B firewall on the site A or C network, unload the policy, change the ip address for site B / C firewall.. will this work?

any ideas?
thanks in advance.
anton

Hi,

I think You can detach a license from SmartUpdate without having the Firewall in place. Now depending on how the license is configure - i.e. it is licensed to the Management station, you should be able to attach the license to another firewall. If it is a local license ( ip of the firewall), you will need to change the IP in the UserCentre to either the management's IP (if it is that type of license) or Local.

Hope this helps.

Akiwondo (MCSE, CCSE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back