Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Destructive shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

programingnoob

Technical User
Dec 31, 2002
CA
Hello,

My CPU has a history of over heating, and therefore shut down my computer automatically when it overheats. (I am on a windows 2000 professional.) After the last shutdown I had, I am unable to load windows. The startup is fine until windows is loading on the screen where there are ASCII arrows on the bottom. At that point, the screen disappears and it freezes. Is there any way to restore / repair the system?

Thanks

Yikes. You know this is not a tenable solution. Is there no way to prevent this overheating?

Perhaps the cooling unit is back-asswords, it is easy enough to do. Rotate the finned cooler 180 degrees.

I would also install the registry hive cleanup service:

Thanks :) I am going to try it. The fan is on the right direction, but it probably collected too much dusk...... But then I am planning to buy a new CPU fan soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back