Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Destination: Unmanaged Disk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDJO

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2003
US
Hi,

Can anyone shed some light on how to use the Unmanaged Disk setting properly. Does this allow you to send an object to a destination internal to BOEXI? Or, does this feature refer to sending an object to a destination external to BOEXI, such as a network folder?

Thanks!

EDJO,

I'm interested in a solution to this, also. The error message I am getting is

Error Message: Crystal Report: Print server error

That's it. Can't find anything in the help or books.

Any ideas what I am missing?

-LW

Hi!

Im not sure if this help you, but we wanted to send out reports to a network folder on a server within our LAN. To be able to do that the service: "Crystal Report Job Server" needs to be started with an account that has the valid rights to access the desired folder.

mikhol,

That did not make any difference. I used my own account as well as a domain administrator. I also enabled "unmanaged disk" on the reportserver, jobserver, destinationjobserver, and programjobserver but still the same error.

I too as well am trying to export a report to a different server on our network without any luck. I'm able to get it to export the report to the local server's hard drive, but can't get it to export to a different server. I'm looking for the correct syntax to put in the 'Destination Directory' text box. I've started and enabled all of the servers in the Enterprise and have the correct username/password for an authenticated user on the different server.

Here is the error message we get when we try to run the report to export to a different server on our network:

"Status: Failed

Printer: The instance is not printed.

External Destination: File copy the instance with name " StopsTest.txt " to the directory: " //GPGCOLLECTIONS/TopNotch Download/Download/import/xp sho/ ".

Server Used: R2TM.report

Error Message: source file error. CrystalEnterprise.DiskUnmanaged: Invalid argument"

We have the hard drive of the different server mapped on our report server. We've tried using the IP address of the different server, the mapped drive letter, and the different server's computer name - all without any luck. Any help that is provided would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

I had no end of problems trying to get this to work and eventually did...

You need to share the directory on the server and access using UNC paths.

You will also need to use a user name that has access to the drive (write access).

These both need setting up in the reportjobserver.

This worked for me. You cannot use a mapped drive as unless you are logged on the mapping is not active, you must use UNC paths through your servers.

Bagpuzz,

Thank you for your response. We've tried your suggestions and still can not get anything to work. We have a different error message now. It is the following:

Error Message: destination file error. CrystalEnterprise.DiskUnmanaged:

Can you please show how the exact syntax should be? We are using the following format: "//SERVERNAME/destination folder/" (without the quotes) Also, the actual destination folder is about 4 folders in (ex. C:/1st folder/2nd folder/3rd folder/final destination folder). In the 'Destination directory' box, do we need the entire path (ex. SERVERNAME/1st folder/2nd folder/3rd folder/final destination folder) or just: SERVERNAME/destination folder?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Hi,
I will jump in, if no one minds..

UNC uses \\ not // and, yes the entire specification should be entered in the configuration panel

\\myserver\topdir\subd1\subd2\mydestinationdir

The server may need to be specified with a fully qualified name ( server.domain) not just server.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

The quick way to test this is to log on to the Windows server (not Enterprise) as the user that the Job server is running under - as stated above, local system account does not have network rights.
Then open the Run command: Start > Run
and paste the full UNC path click OK
Try to add a file:
Right click > New > Text Document.

If the share is working you will have a new file, if not you will get an Access Denied message.

Kingfisher

Hi,

The quick and easy way to obtain the path is to open explorer, with view full path enabled, and navigate from the server (\\myserver) all the way to the directory.

At the top of explorer will be the exact path you neeed to get there using and shares you set up.

Thank you to all of those that responded, I really appreciate it. We finally got it to work. Our problem was that we never put the Crystal server on our domain. Really minute error that we overlooked. Once we added the Crystal server to the domain, your suggestions worked.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back