Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Destination of deployed one-click applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

JScannell

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
US
I'm using mageui.exe to create application and deployment manifests. The usere utilize a website to initiate the deployment.

When the application is installed, it ends up in a rather hard to find folder scheme like this:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\ZJ03Z068.BN6\MMK4QXZD.E3A\rapi...exe_ac55be08fe9f0f99_0005.0003_none_d68fc7dddb1637e0

The random text can change from deployment to deployment, so it becomes an issue finding the newest deployment after the fact in case the user wants to create a shortcut on his/her desktop.

What I would like to have is that the application get deployed to: c:\Program Files\<app-name> instead.

Is it possible to do that? When I run the mageui utility, I don't see any property settings that look like they might have an impact on where the application gets deployed to.

Thanks in advance,

Jerry Scannell

ClickOnce doesn't really install anything, so there is no way to use it to truly install a program.

To do per-machine installs you need to use a real installer.

And desktop shortcuts are discouraged as a practice anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back