Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop settings revert back to Windows Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpirvined

MIS
Jun 18, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm running a mixed environment of XP and NT clients and NT Servers.

I want the XP clients to be able to have the XP style appearance, but when I change the desktop settings to reflect this, when the user logs on again it has reverted to the Windows Classic style. Even on Admin accounts.

I think I'm missing something in either the system, default user or default computer policies, but I don't know what.

Any ideas?? Grateful for any help given.

Thanks

Check under your Domain or Local Policies, User Configuration-> Admin Templates-> Start Menu and Task Bar-> Force Classic Start Menu Enabled....

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

Thanks for the reply Matt,

Yeah, I'd checked that setting and it hadn't been configured, which should allow the user to choose which style they wanted.

I have now disabled the setting but it still reverts back to the Classic style. Very strange.

Thanks again.

Thanks Linney, I've tried both those methods but still doesn't work. It's a real mystery this.

I'm going to build another machine and run it on our development site, and see if it still happens.

Very frustrating.

Thanks again,

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back