Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

desktop settings - Internet explorer not on the options to display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2006
US
I recently noticed after doing several installs (XP SP2, all critcal and recommended updates) that when i go into display properties>Desktop settings. the only icons listed to display are My Documents, My Network Places and My Computer. Internet Explorer is not an option. These are all clean installs, there is no Policy coming down or set up. Was there a security patch recently that removes IE for Desktop Settings icon choices? Thanks

Are you sure it was ever there in the first place?

Icon missing in customize desktop settings Options

If you are having problems with the IE Icon on the Desktop, either create a New Shortcut to launch the browser, or if you want the correct IE Icon and the right-click Internet Properties etc., go in to Add or Remove/ Windows Components, and check, uncheck and recheck the box for Internet Explorer, and press Apply and OK, to fix Internet Explorer Desktop Shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back