Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

spena77

MIS
Oct 22, 2003
US
First of all, I have Citrix Metaframe XP FR3 running on Win2k sp4 server. I have a developer built a costumized application for one of my clients that have been installed into the citrix server. The application runs fine in the citrix server without any problem. If I try to access the application using the web client from outside the company, the application does not work properly. I talked about it to my developer and he said to me that the problem is created because the application when is open using the web client does not launch some of the background processes that it need to run correctly. Knowing this, I went ahead a publish my desktop to access this application from outside the company and every thing works fine. The issue that I have now is that I have created a dummy user to which I have lock down it's desktop to the minimal settings using AD policies. I have published this dummy user's desktop and have allow certain users to access it in Citrix. When I open the web client using the dummy user credentials I get to open the published desktop and I get to see what I want the dummy user to see a lock down desktop only with the applications and settings that I want the dummy user to see but, when I login into the webclient with some body else credentials and open the published dummy users desktop, the users sees a wide open desktop enviroment. What can I do so all the users only get to see what the dummy user sees when he opens its published desktop. Thanks.

spena77,
I'm assuming you probably just want to copy his profile and push it down to every user who logs into the box.
What you want to do is log into the server as the "dummy" user and change the profile from roaming to a local profile (assuming you are using a roaming profile).
After you do that, you need to rename the "default User" profile under the c:\documents and settings folder. Rename the "dummy" users profile to "default user" and give everyone access to it.
That way, who ever logs into the box will get the new default user profile.
You might want to just rename the original default user profile instead of deleting the whole thing.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back