Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlgriffin

MIS
Oct 26, 2004
US
Is there a way to not prompt a user to downlaod a Callpilot or third party address book.

There is a checkbox in CallPilot Desktop Messaging Properties in the Address Book tab. Just uncheck it.

I have unchecked all the boxes. the radio button for address book is on local and can't be deleted. there seem to be no other options. I launch Outlook and get a message box to enter my CallPilot password. After that is correctly entered I get the message box "The CallPilot Address Book has not been downloaded. would you like to load it now?"

I want to stop this permanently.

In CallPilot Desktop Messaging Properties there is a folder marked 'address'. In that folder I mark it as "Use local copy of server address book", then remove the check for 'remind me to download....' and then I do not get that reminder when I log in....

my options are set that way and i still get the notice. maybe i need an update or patch. we are still working on it thanks for the info

depends on which version of the client you're using, you have to download the address book at least once before you can ignore it forever or until you reload the client again.

if i select download now, i get this

Invalid credentials. Please check your LDAP account and password. and Would you like to retry the connection?

i need to say that i never did anything to create an address book don't know where i would do so and have no idea about the LDAP account and password. i am a full administrator in callpilot. i have the ngensys password as well.

can you help any further? - thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back