Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Messaging using Call Pilot Player 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabble

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
CA
I have installed Desktop Messaging on a users PC.

Outlook version is 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP2.

Desktop Messaging is version 5.00.41.96

The install is successful.

However, when a message is left in her mailbox and it shows up in her outlook, when I open the message in outlook, I get an error:

The custom form cannot be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead.

Has anyone else received this?

Same thing here. Were you able to find a workaround, short of ditching the Nortel phone system?

Here you go...I wouldn't want to you to ditch Nortel thinking the grass is greener.

Advisory Alert; A potential problem has been identified with CallPilot Desktop Messaging where the CallPilot Add-in
(nmdcext.dll) is becoming disabling during the upgrade of desktop messaging. Neither a reboot nor re-installing the
desktop messaging application resolves the issue.

RLS: CallPilot 5.0

CR: Q02145007

SYMPTOMS: Issue is intermittent. An error is generating when you open a new message within desktop messaging.
The POP reads as follow "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an outlook from instead"

Workaround: In outlook navigate to help tab ->About Microsoft Outlook ->Disable Items-> and enable the CallPilot add-in.

I noticed on Office 2007 and above you go Outlook - Help - Disabled Items - highlight CallPilot - Press Enable.

This makes sense, thanks.

I found an alternate approach as well:
1. Uninstall CPDM.
2. Reinstall only the player component.
3. In Outlook, create a standard IMAP account with: host = the callpilot server, username = the mailbox number, password = the mailbox password.

This seems to prevent issues wherein the add-in causes Outlook to crash.

Thanks for these solutions. Will try them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back