Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Messaging Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2003
US
Has anyone out there seen this? A handful of users with desktop messaging occasionally get an error message like "message not found on server" when trying to play the message via the telephone. When they play it through the computer speakers it works. Same few users and it only happens sporadically, I can never replicate the problem when I try. DM is fine for most users.

If this problem is only happening to the same users sporadically, then I would suspect either a faulty desktop messaging installation, or mailbox corruption.

I would re-install Desktop Messaging on 1/2 of the group's computers, and then delete and re-build the mailboxes for the other 1/2 of the group. Keep track to see if the problem disappears from one of the groups, then treat the other group to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back