Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Messaging on Apple Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGT

Vendor
Aug 16, 2002
US
Is there a way to deliver voicemails as WAV files without using desktop messaging to convert the original VBK file. I have a client with a full Apple network that wants voicemails delivered as email attachments.

Any ideas or workarounds to make this work. I'm desperate.

About the only thing I could think of would be to run fetchmail ( or something like itwith desktop messaging and have it retrieve the messages and reforward them with Desktop messaging doing the conversion.

Not sure how to implement, but hope it puts you on the right track.

Thanks.

What is your thougth here? How would the messages get converted to WAV? I get the part about using fetchmail to forward.

Call Pilot Player does the conversion. If you RTM about desktop messaging, it's all in there.

Do you mean that I should run the call pilot player on the mail server that would forward the messages? Is this possible? I thouth the player only worked with a mail client.

CP 4.0 can do Message Forwarding to any email address as long as you setup the fqdn and dns server properly. It can even act as its own SMTP server to send the outbound mail. The only "downside" is that if you delete the message in email, it is not deleted in the voicemail box. Still, a very handy feature. CP 5.0 fixes this through some sort of read receipt functionality but I have not seen it yet.

Hope this helps
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back