Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

desktop messaging client

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoizy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2008
US
I am trying to install the destop messaging client on my pc and I get an error that setup has detected call pilot server software. Call Pilot desktop messaging cannot be installed on the Call Pilot server. I don't have the server software installed on my pc.

Any ideas?

What is the PC type, Operating system and the file you are running on it to install Desktop Messaging?

Also what is the RLS and type of Callpilot you have.

PC is running XP professional. Call Pilot is 201i at 4.4.4. I am trying to desktop client version 04.04.04.07.

Are you logged in with local admin rights?

Also, if you have OTM on the same machine don't bother DM, the two have issues together....

Make sure you are install the DESKTOP CLIENT not the manager.... (if you have a file with S in it it's for the server....)

CP4.04.04Sxxx

Desktop Messaging CD-ROM. 4.04.04.07 ?

Maybe you have a problem with the CD....

4.04.04.32 is the latest one for 4 I think ,you might want to try that one if you can DL from NORTEL or get your SP to DL for you.

I don't currently have OTM on this machine but it may have been in the past. Maybe something still in the registry?
CD is Desktop Client 4.4.4.7

I do have local admin rights.

It's got to be something in the registry. I was fine loading it on another computer. I tried on the CP reporter server and it wouldn't let me either. I went through the registry and deleted all of the nortel stuff. I had app builder and Agent desktop display. I deleted both of them and still no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back