Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Manager Freezes Outlook on Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmoncall

Technical User
Jan 9, 2008
US
Hello to all Tek-Tip Gurus,

First off, I'm not sure whether there are existing posts that have already resolved a similar issue. Please direct me to the correct place if I'm hashing up things that have already been settled.

My question resides w/ Nortel's Desktop Manager. We have recently installed the app on a couple of our laptops and when locally attached to the network it works perfectly. However, our users typically take the laptop home and use their own internet connection to check email. They have VPN access but do not typically activate it since they only want to check email.

This where the problem occurs. Since they do not connect via VPN Desktop Manager is prohibited from connecting to Callpilot. So when the user opens up Outlook Sesktop Manager gets stuck trying to connect.

Is there a fix or patch to this; or, are we stuck w/ having to VPN in? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

try thread181-27567

Oops wrong thread, try this one

try thread1553-1247280

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back