Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop in 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim7

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2002
GB
Does anyone know of a, preferably free program, that allows me to reset the folders on a 98 workstation. I work with children and it is their favourite game to move the folders all over the screen and a pain to keep resetting them. Also is there any software that will allow me to alter the size of and colours of folders independantly of each other? A final request for software that allows me to split the desktop into zones so that I can put folders for different subjects into different zones or parts of the desktop?
A lot to ask for and thank you in anticipation
Tim7

Try a google search for "icon saver".

Ed Fair
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Not sure if I understand your dilemma completely.....but

Right click any Blank area on the Desktop.....float and guide the mouse cursor to "Arrange Icons"....select "auto arrange".....as this will create an invisible table grid that windows will keep the icons in....nice and neatly.......

And as far as Zones.....you could just Create a new Desktop folder( or anywhere, such as within the My Documents folder) in which to keep all your personal folders as sub-directories.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back