Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldcomptrguy

Technical User
Mar 4, 2003
US
I have two similiar comptrs. Both have XP home and are hooked into my home network. Neither uses an administrator, only the "user".

On one the Desktop shortcut icons for web sites always shows the symbol of the site, ie Yahoo is a Y, Netscape is an N, etc. On the other comptr the symbol always changes to the Internet Explorer "e". I have double checked all the settings in Display Properties, and Internet Explorer properties. They are the same for both comptrs.

How do I get the icons to stay as the site symbol and not change to "e"?

Just select the icon (shortcut), (you also must have your Y icon or N icons saved on both computers, and know the path), then "Change icon", then type the path to your Y or N icons. Thats it.

I've tried the "Change Icon" and those icons are not there as a possiblility. Even on the comptr that shows the Y symbol on the icon. Those are the original icons put there the first time I put the sites on My Favorites and made shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back