Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop faxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordMaz82

Technical User
Nov 13, 2008
GB
First, apologies for my complete lack of experience/understanding of this topic but I suppose the only real way to learn is to ask questions so here I go ....

I have been offered a great oppurtunity to gain some exposure to the firms telephony infrstructure through the implementation of desktop messaging.

I am a complete newbie and while I understand the principles in achieving this I am stumped as to how to achieve it.

My main bone of contention is surrounding VPIM shortcuts. Are these just arbitrary figures? I keep reading the recommended format of "1NPANXX" but this means very little to me!

Hope somebody can guide me in the right direction.

In an ideal world, the VPIM shortcut and mailbox number will form the voice mail subscribers telephone number.

The VPIM+mailbox number is used by the callpilot to form a unique address for each mailbox subscriber when addressing messages for delivery using desktop messaging.

If suggest reading through the desktop messaging installation / configuration book, if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back