Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop dashboard for applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTK1008

MIS
Oct 25, 2006
US
I thought this would be something simple, but I am not sure if this is the correct forum or where I could get more info. We are looking to have something like a dashboard on all desktop for end users to keep them up to date of applications and if they are available or not and when they will be availble again. I am not looking for a direct tie in to the applications, but more a central database that would be updated by the helpdesk personal. It would be great if we could produce reports off the updates for system uptimes.

Are you looking for something custom, or something boxed?

Do you have a budget for this?

If you can't find anything boxed, I may be able to build you something that fits your budget if you are interested. It would be written in VB.NET, and would require access to an SQL Database to house the information.

Senior Software Developer

Have a look at Samurize ( it lets you construct desktop 'configs' (i.e. desktop dashboards) to show information of your choice, e.g availability, etc.

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back