Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop and BES 3.6 - Missing Attachment Viewing Option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2003
US
Hello All -

I am having a problem with a number of users who cannot view attachments. They are running the latest 3.6 desktop (and the latest handheld software as well) on Windows XP. It seems to only affect the Java devices and there's no consistency to the problem. We are running BES v.3.6.
I have checked in the application loader and in the modules installed on the BlackBerry and have confirmed that the bberry attachment service is indeed installed. I have sent a test message to these users with a simple word attachment. After they open the e-mail, they bring up the menu and scroll down in search of the "Open Attachment" option, but it's not there. NOTE: This is happening with about 15-20% of our users.
I have uninstalled their software and reinstalled it and it still hasn't helped.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

- mfortunato

I do not know what is going on here, but I have the same problem with mine. I just purchased one from T- Crapple and they tell me its because of the desktop redirector... but that is crap... they don't know what they are talking about... I have reinstalled the software 10 times... the only thing I haven't done is use it on a windows 2000 pc and not XP... since when I install it the first time, it says that XP is not supported but continue anyway. if you find the answer, please let me know as well... also having 15 minute transmition times when sending... takes 15 minutes to arrive in my box.

I had this problem. Uninstalling and re-installing the BES to version 3.6SP1a fixed the problem (I had to have the full version sent to me on CD as it is not available for download). Crude but effective!!

Go to blackberry.net and get the 2.6 handheld software. desktop manager should be 3.6 but there is seperate software for the handhelds.. Let me know if you need more info on getting the software.

Holly18,

Thanks for the update... that software upgrade for the Blackberry is for the non color blackberries. I do not think that software is supported on the 7310 or the 7320 which uses a Java 2 platform.

Thanks,

Firefox1

There are also number of referneces on the Blackberry site where they say that for the BB to work effectivly you must have the same version software on the server and device. Also try using Desktop Manager 3.6 Service pack 3a. It solves few problems and it is available for download from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back