Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desktop Admin and Desktop Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

luisasilva

Technical User
Sep 23, 2003
PT
In the user's guide manual of the desktop administration (in the remote control module), it's says that it can start a infratools desktop discovery scan. It also says that it works with any version, so I suppose it also works with PDI.
But the problem is that it says it saves the scan in fsf format, and I want it to save in xml.gz.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

Saving in xml.gz format is no problem, whether the scanner is distributed using DA or other means.

Note however that loading and processing of FSF files is faster and it is normally recommended that you use the FSF format. Once the scan file has been processed by the XML Enricher, it will be in easily accessible compressed XML format (xml.gz), irrespective of whether the original scan file was xml.gz or fsf.

I hope this helps,
Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back