Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Designing webpages in access??

Status
Not open for further replies.

allcarfan

Programmer
Jan 29, 2003
US
If I design a page in FrontPage 2002, can I then edit the page within access and save the page within an access database? I am asking before I go to designing only to realize that it may not support it.

Hi,

I'm a little unsure of what you want, so if this doesn't sound right then let me know. FrontPage 2002 is used to create .html, .asp, etc. pages that interface with the db via a web browser. That way you just need to upload the FrontPage project to a website or local server so that people can interface with it w/o office installed. I don't know if Access will import these pages - but Access 2002 does have a sort of web page developer built in - the data access page. It will also let you interface with the db, but it doesn't create very complex web pages... I would say that if you are planning to get complex stick with FrontPage or you can try the Web Matrix Tool at (this is a very powerful tool, but steep learning curve...):

- You will need to download Microsoft's .NET framework for this to work. Hope this helps,

jbehrne

Html or asp files are text files so you can open them to read/write/edit in a sub routine or function just as any other text file. I haven't checked out the Access 2000 web page thing yet as I have only just been upgraded to Access 2000, but I wrote procedures in the old 97 version to output my data as html and xml with an xsl stylesheet and I've just continued using it. The save as html option in the old version produced such rubbish scripts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back