Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Designer needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

keen01

MIS
Nov 16, 2004
US
I have a web page I was asked to update that uses cf. First thing wanted is a reservation system for campgrounds that don't have their own reservation system, as long as they have email. Making a reservation page is easy, but how do I bring information such as email, address and so on into the reservation page? For now I'm just sending people to email. One page is
I set up a fake reservaion system, but it's the page I want to go to bringing in the data from the page just visited, I tried to do it in cf
Any help is appreciated, I've gone out and bought the Macromedia CFMX7 web app book, seems cf will be great for future knowledge.

Your question is not very clear, are you trying to pass data from one form to anohter or are you trying to retreive data from a database.

If you are trying to pass from one form to another you can pass it in hidden form types to your forms, or you can pass it via the url and pull the data into your form from the url.

If you are trying to retreive from a database.

<cfquery name="myFoo" datasource="#dsn#>
select columnName, columnName
from tableName
where something = something
</cfquery>

Then you just output in your form fields
<cfoutput>
<input type="text" value="#form.columnName#" ...... >
</cfoutput>

How do I pull the data from the previous url?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back