Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PANIk

Programmer
Apr 22, 2002
AU
Basically I have a tab which contains a listbox and next to that some textfields. When a value in the listbox is clicked these textfields are filled with their corresponding values form the database.

The listbox has an add and del button. The client is allowed to make as many changes to any of these fileds without commiting them to the database. When they click add the textfields are cleared for new data to be entered. If the user the clicks on another list value or the add button again these values that were entered previously have to be remembered and a corresponding value has to be added to the listbox.

My question is what would be the best way to approach this. Since they dont have to be stored to the database (because there is a save button that does that). Would classes be the best way or is there another way in VB.

Thanx for your time

In my opinion, the user commits what's on his screen. So I think it is best to query the control's properties (the listbox has some kind of array) and use that as the basis of the storage and/or deletion in the database. If there are more data than visible in the listbox (say, if the listbox only shows a name and the add button also makes the program ask for an address), you can either store that extra data in a series of arrays or in an array of objects. [smarty]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back