Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Design question, mutiple site connection. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATDanno

Vendor
Jul 25, 2007
US
What Equipment would you suggest for this customer. They have 4 sites with merlin switches and 1 site with a nortel option 11. They wish to connect all locations to one central office (which now has a maxed out merlin legend). This location would use point to point T1's and a dialing plan instituted thru out to allow tranxfer and extension dial with all the switches. Any suggestions on what to use at the main site and can the nortel communicate with the avaya product via point to point.

One of the more sophistivated SIP service providers (nectar) can connect disparate phone systems within a companies domain to provide uniform dial plan, and voice connectivity between the different systems without the need for PTP circuits. This is done by adding dial plan intellignece on the network, and placing devices (Adtran, Quintum etc) at the different branch locations which can convert the IP/SIP trunk to either analog or PRI trunks which plug into the existing phone systems.

The network can then be configured by the client, or maintained by the services porvider as a service.

What is the website of this sip that you speak of. (i know i sound like i am in star wars of something)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back