Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deselect Option Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprochelle

Technical User
Jun 18, 2004
US
I have two option groups: one labeled opgReports with the following values: 1) $5MM Change 2) $10MM Change 3) Banking 4) Investments and the other labeled opgQuartiles with the following values: 1) Top Quartile 2) Bottom Quartile.

I want the user to be able to deselect the values in the opgQuartile group, because for some reports- the opgQuartile does not apply. For example, the user can not select "$5MM Change" and "Top Quartile". The only options are "Banking" and Top or Bottom Quartile and "Investments" and Top or Bottom Quartile.

I put all the first items in one option group to ease the process of creating reports.

I just need to know how to:

1) Deselect values in the option group
2) Create the code that will automatically deselect the Top Quartile and Bottom Quartile buttons, whenever the $5MM Change or $10MM Change buttons ARE selected.

Thanks!

Hi

I think you mean disable, rather than deselect?

to disable

set the option group to a vlaue otehr than the one(s) you wish to disable, then set the relevant option button control(s) to enabled = false

eg something like

opgQuartile = 1
optBottom.Enabled = False

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor