Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Description of System limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedaGuy

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
CA
Forgive me if this is a naive question, but I'm looking for an explanation of system limits descriptions for CS1K software. We have an Option 11C at 25.3, but it doesn't have Meridian Mail. I would like to replace this system yet keep the array of M2xxx phones and M2250 consoles. I've been contacting dealers and scouring eBay to see what kinds of systems may be hanging around, be it Option series or CS1K. The problem is that the system limits (the types of devices) are described quite differently in the CS1K software than they are in the M1 software. Or, at least that's how it appears to me. Given that, I'm not able to evaluate a given system to see if it has the features we need. For example, I would like to use SIP trunks directly instead of through a gateway, but what parameter is that and what are the hardware requirements?

So, I've got hundreds of Nortel manuals, but I don't know where to look for this information. Any suggestions?

If anyone thinks they might have a system for sale that fits the bill, contact me for more detailed requirements.

Thank you!

So you want to add voice mail, SIP trunking and keep the existing phones?
If it was me I would be looking at e-MetroTel UCx. I have never even been close to this product but I've heard some good things and it seems to make sense in your situation.
There is a Tek-Tips forum for UCx too. Somebody can probably give you some ideas there.

Thanks for your input!

Unfortunately, they don't support the M2250 consoles. Otherwise, their product sounded like a good fit. If I have to replace phones, it's not a huge problem for me. I've started working in a few 390Xs as it is. Unfortunately, I'm not prepared to give up the M2250 consoles. We're multi-tenant and multi-location, so it further complicates matters. I just thought perhaps a later model CS1000 would be a good upgrade path. I could be wrong about that. But, since I'm looking at the prospect of dropping another $3,000 on a SIP/PRI Gateway, I thought I might as well see if there is something a little newer than what we have that would do the job.

If not, we'll keep the O11 going a few more years until we can do a forklift upgrade. Mitel is the current front-runner for that scenario, as they are the last to offer a real attendant console.

Have a great weekend,
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

I would post some questions and comments about the M2250 on the E-MetroTel forum on tek tips.

E-MetroTel has answered numerous customer wishes from recreating ring again F2, providing speaker hold tone reminders, to the original Norstar paging tone, to using Joan Kenley (Meridian Mary) as the voice for the UCx Voicemail. Originally the UCx only supported the Norstar/BCM digital telephones, now the system supports all Nortel M2000/M3900 series telephones.

I would simply reach out to the E-MetroTel team and tell them that you absolutely need the M2250 consoles to work or you'll have to abandon your Nortel gear all together. I bet they will investigate a solution to get the M2250 sets working. You'll be so happy you were able to keep your familiar Nortel sets and features.

I too would like them to get the M2250 working on the UCx It's going to require some engineering on their part.

Right now, I am using an 1150E with 2 KEMs in place of the M2250 console.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Joe

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Thank you, Joe, for the constructive input. I will most certainly follow your advice and post an inquiry on their forum. Truth be told, I've sent a couple of inquiries their way through the contact form on their website, but I've never gotten a response. If they're active here, there is a much better chance that I'll get in front of someone who can address this.

Could you please elaborate, on using the 1150E in place of a console? Is there a way to emulate ICIs that way?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi there Dylan,

I am sorry they haven't gotten back to you. Where are you located?

Ok, I am more of a BCM/UCx expert, not CS1000.....can you explain ICI's to me?

I've created 5 incoming DN lines on the 1150E. Only problem is the extension doesn't buzz, it rings like a normal phone. It's definitely not as feature rich as the console.

Feel free to give me a call and I can try and answer more questions, I am around now in the lab. You should be able to find me via Linked in.

Thanks,

Joe

I'm actually just a few hours north of you in "middle of nowhere" Wisconsin, a little town called Waupun.

I'll look for your LinkedIn profile. Though in about an hour, I start back-to-back meetings until 9:00 tonight.

The best way to describe ICIs (Incoming Call Indicators) as a series of 10 or 20 ACD queues, each with a button on the console.

When the console is idle, and the first call comes in, the ICI lights up indicating what call type it is, and the next idle Loop Key lights up indicating which loop the call will be answered on. You can press either the Loop Key or the ICI to answer the call. When you complete that call (or HOLD it on the Loop Key) and press RLS, every ICI with a call waiting lights up, as does the next available Loop Key. You can press the LPK to answer the oldest ringing call or you can prioritize calls by selecting which ICI to answer.

For Example, our ICIs are
0- Emergency​
1- Corporate Line
2- Store 1​
3- Store 2​
4- Store 3​
5- Store 4​
6- Reserved​
7- Reserved​
8- Reserved​
9- Reserved​

10- Dial 0​
11- Dial 0 (Fully Restricted)​
12- Station Category 4 (Executive)​
13- Intercept​
14- Message Center​
15- Individual Attendant DN​
16- Reserved​
17- Tenant LDN​
18- Tenant LDN​
19- Reserved​

For example, we would answer an outside call on the corporate number before answering a Dial 0 call, but a Message Center call would take priority over that.

Does that help, or clear as mud? Think of it as 20 different ACD In-Call buttons and it's easier to visualize.​

Ok thanks for listing that!

You should be able to mimmic a lot of that with an 1140E or 1150E with KEM's.

But call E-MetroTel and ask for Chris Edwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back