Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DERuntime Server Object Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcarr

Programmer
Oct 19, 2000
CA
I've created a simple ASP page with a grid control to display one table. With a data connection and recordet object, it works fine. When I add a data command object, I receive the message:
Server object Error 'ASP 0177:800401f3'
Server.CreateObject Failed
Global.asa, line 44
Invalid Class String

This line contains the code:
Set DE = Server.CreateObject("DERuntime.DERuntime")

My quess is that this refers to a missing DLL, but I have installed the IIS Resource Kit per the Microsoft KB, but still no luck.

When I tried to open the page this morning, I received this message:
Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0223'
TypeLib Not Found
/Extensions/global.asa, line 5
METADATA tag contains a Type Library specification that does not match any Registry entry

Which is for this line:
<!--METADATA TYPE=&quot;TypeLib&quot; NAME=&quot;Microsoft Data Environment 1.0 (SP4)&quot; UUID=&quot;{C0E45030-5775-11D0-B388-00A0C9055D8E}&quot; VERSION=&quot;1.0&quot;-->

Can someone point me in the right direction? [sig]<p>Randy Carr<br><a href=mailto:randy.carr@carteretcraven.ncemcs.com>randy.carr@carteretcraven.ncemcs.com</a><br>[/sig]

Well I was going through the same problem so I stopped making data commands and instead just used recordset DTC's and set the properties for them directly.

Then I went back and tried it again, without making any changes and the DE errors didn't occur. I know that I am not answering your question except to say that I was concerned with the flakiness of the datacommand method so I have just stuck to using recordset DTC's and setting the properties directly. [sig]<p>Crystal<br><a href=mailto:crystals@genesis.sk.ca>crystals@genesis.sk.ca</a><br><a href= > </a><br>--------------------------------------------------<br>
Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing.<br>
-Oscar Wilde<br>
[/sig]

Thanks, at least I know I'm not having one of those 'duh' days! [sig]<p>Randy Carr<br><a href=mailto:randy.carr@carteretcraven.ncemcs.com>randy.carr@carteretcraven.ncemcs.com</a><br>[/sig]

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/P0367_Innodata_Preview/site/ASP/FormMaill.asp, line 20

Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: Ihave this error message with this code in VisualInterdev
Code {
Set Mail = server.CreateObject (&quot;VisualSoft.ActiveMail.1&quot;)
mail.SendMail(&quot;mail.magma.ca&quot;,&quot;tparadis@14design.ca&quot;,,Email,,Subject,Comment)
}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back