Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Derived Fields for Lien listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebisabes

Technical User
Aug 11, 2006
US
I want a list of all employees with a line for each lien. Right now I have it using 3 Tables: Liens, EE, & Payee info

Without any derived fields, for employees with more than one lien, it gives me each payee info under every lien case# (that many times)

ADP verified that I can fix this problem with derived fields but, is it a Sum(Distinct(@ decode ??? of some sort... Please let me know how to form the correct derived field so that each payee info only shows once for the correct Lien Case #

Thank you!

I do not have a pcpw database but this is the formula you need. Change the "PS_AL_CHK_DED"."AL_DEDCD" to your table & field as well as the 2nd "PS_AL_CHK_DED"."AL_AMOUNT" and the 'V' to your value. Make the fields with in the table that you are using in the derived field formula Query Only and then click the box at top right in Database Grouping, click done and Wa-La....

Copy & Paste

SUM(DISTINCT DECODE("PS_AL_CHK_DED"."AL_DEDCD",'V',"PS_AL_CHK_DED"."AL_AMOUNT",0 ) )

Artie Dunnings
ADTECH Consulting Inc
HRIS Functional & Technical Trainer
Alpharetta, GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back