Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deployment with or w/out DLL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axa4

Technical User
Dec 7, 2002
US
I completed several small projects using VS.NET/VB on my local server.
As I understand VS compiles your code into DLL automatically.
Several of my current webhosting companies (for my old asp sites) say that they support .NET .
When I asked them if they will allow ASP.NET deployment with DLL upload - the answer was "NO".
Does this mean that I have to place all "codebihind" script on my aspx pages to get by without DLLs?

Thank you

It sounds like this might be the case. However, I would look for other hosting solutions and tell your current ones what you are doing because they aren't truly .NET hosting solutions with out codebehind dlls in my opinion.

That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

I host with a FANTASTIC hosting provider:

For $10 yank dollars, you get 150MB of space, 100 email addresses, blah blah blah, AND asp.net DLL availability.

I'm very impressed with their service so far. Just a heads up if you wanted to start getting a list of possible new hosting services together

D'Arcy

Thanks D'Arcy. I'm going to take a look at them for my company's web hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back