Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deployment problem with VB.net & CR RDC9

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVE

Programmer
Apr 13, 2002
GB
Hi

I have a pair of apps one written in VB6 and the other in VB.net. Both use the CR9 RDC rather than the built in .Net version. My app works happily on the development machine. I have an install made with InstallShield Express using all the recommended MSM modules.

On a clean virtual machine the VB6 app & reports work OK but on the .NET I have problems when running the report. The exception is InvalidActiveXStateException and the message is "Cannot invoke property set of 'ReportSource' at this time". It is triggered by the line

AxCRViewer9.ReportSource=crReport

I know that both crApplication object, the crReport object and the ActiveX CRViewer9 control were instantiated correctly as I have included message boxes showing a table name from crReport's databases collection and the ReportViewer's Application Name property.

Any ideas? Is it some interop problem or have I missed something in the install?

Thanks for your reply chelseatech

I've got it sorted now but you are quite right. I had got an assortment of msm files with the same name but different dates. Some had come via Crystal, others from InstallShield. Without realising it I was installing the wrong version of various DLLs. I got rid of all the Crystal related MSMs on my system, downloaded a set of the latest ones, remade the MSI and at last it all worked. They should put version numbers on the MSMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back