Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deployment problem please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravisLaborde

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2002
US
I am having issues regarding object ownership on a deployed database. The database was created on my laptop, to which I login as sa normally, but deployed on a server where I am not sa, via IP/Internet. That all went fine, because I logged in via the given credentials, and used scripts to create the objects.

I ran into problems when I got ready to deploy later enhancements, because the owner of the objects on my laptop was dbo but on the foreign system was the username that I logged in as....

What strategy do most people use for these situations? I find it too limiting to expect that I'd login to my local development server (my laptop) with various different logins depending on which database I may be working in at the time... Is that what people do?

I'd love to hear as many ideas and suggestions as I can. In the short term, I'm changing owner on objects manually, but there *has* to be a better way, right?

Thanks,
Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back