Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deployment of RMI client...

Status
Not open for further replies.

henpat123

Programmer
Apr 14, 2005
US
Hi,
How do we deploy a RMI client...I mean after creating the stub class and the skeleton class (using rmic)...is there a standard way of deploying the client stub's to the client machines?

henry

... in a jar file?

Tim
---------------------------
"Your morbid fear of losing,
destroys the lives you're using." - Ozzy

Maybe I don't know. But I guess my questions is if you have 100 client machines..how do we copy over these jar file (if that is the way..) and set up the client machines for classpath etc...
Is there a Easy way to install these on the client machines?

For Example, Microsoft has technology called .CAB files (called cabinet files) which is similar to jar files, but is gets downloaded on clients machines and registers itself on the machine throught Internet explorer. that's how Active X Controls are deployed to client machines...

henry

Just copy the jar file over ... or if you really must, and you are using Windows only, then create an MSI using VS ... or if on Linux, then use a .run file ...

--------------------------------------------------
Free Database Connection Pooling Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back