Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

deployment not happening on epo 301

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loezio

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2002
BE
This is my problem:
. I add a computer, push the agent, everything works fine,
. The agent communicates with the server, exchanges properties, policy package, everything works fine
. But then the policies are enforced on the client, everything still fine
. Then Deployment Task is scheduled to run so: the agent monitor says: Scheduler: Invoking Task [Deployment]...
. That's where the problem is because no software is deployed by this task, although it is told to do so..., and the agent monitor keeps, on saying Scheduler: Invoking Task [Deployment]...

In other words, I can't deploy any software (except the agent) with epo. Updates of DAT work fine through epo.

Why is he doing this?

When you look at the deployement task, can you see the other software you want to install? For example Virusscan 4.51, or Virusscan 7? (and is it set to INSTALL?)

I assume you have that software installed in the repository?

I also have the same problem and i do see the new software that i want to deploy. But the agent comes back saying "unable to find a valid repository".

Thanks,

BM

Have you checked if the repository is accessible from client machines?

On the unable to find valid repository: You may have to uninstall the agent

FRMINST /AGENT=UNINSTALL

or

FRMINST /FORCEUNINSTALL

reinstall

framepkg /siteinfo={path}/siteinfo.xml

the xml is created when you create your repositories.

Also:

If the clients are NT, 2K or XP - make sure the remote registry service is running.

Make sure the account sending out the datas domain\administrator usually had full control over Program files/network associates and everything below. Make sure all users have full control over documents and settings and all users.

Does anyone know how to check the mastery repository for descrepencies?

Thanks,

BM

I am interested in your post.
I have an issue with ePO 3.x currently where Naimserve.exe is running at very high CPU.

Looking at the performance monitor counters for ePO, the "software downloads" counter is constantly maxed out which indicates that no software is being sent.

I am interested to know if you have the same problem.

Other than that, do you use proxies to access your ePO repository?
If not and the agents connect directly...
Go into the policy for the epo 3.x agent.
Configuration - Proxy - Don't use a proxy - Apply.
Then wake up your agents...

This solved another deployment issue on another of our ePO servers.
Strangely we had no issues under ePO 2.5.1 with the proxy settings set to "Use Internet Explorer Proxy Settings".
It only became an issue after upgrading to ePO 3.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back