Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[Deployment] crystalreportviewers115 on .NET 2.0 web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJRBIM

MIS
May 30, 2003
CA
We have deployed the BOE .NET SDK sample applications on our .NET 2.0 web server.

The sample applications are referencing objects under the relative path -

“\aspnet_client\system_web\2_0_50727\crystalreportviewers115”

....and no such folders exist by default.

We are currently doing a manual copy the crystalreportviewers115 files into each web site on the server (we don’t use virtual directories) - which will mean a lot of overhead in the real-world when we apply BOE service packs to our infrastructure.

Is there a better way to configure the web server to find these crystalreportviewers115 files in a common (and preferably updatable) location.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi,
Not sure why you install placed the viewers there..In my clients ( I consult) setup, as well as all others I have seen it is located here:

C:\Program Files\Business Objects\common\3.5\crystalreportviewers115

Under IIS that becomes the folder that is a virtual crystalreportviewers115 location on the web server used.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

This is a non-BOBJ IIS webserver.

It doesn't host CMC/InfoView - just .Net applications that are using the SDK.

Hi,
OK..I have always run the reports themselves ( but not the user interface ) from a BObj-equipped server so I cannot be of more help.

Sorry..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

We came up with a work-around on the IIS web servers.

A central folder was created to contain the Crystal Viewer code.

A virtual directory named aspnet_client was created under web applications that need crystal report feature.

The aspnet_client points to the central folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back