Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying WAR/EAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronaldr

Programmer
May 22, 2002
US
I am having trouble deploying a web applicatoin to Weblogic 6.1sp2. Weblogic is not picking up the JAR files I package along with my application, so I'm getting classnotfound exceptions.

First I tried to package it as just a WAR, with the web.xml in the WEB-INF directory, my classes under WEB-INF/classes and my jars under WEB-INF/lib. This didn't work, so I tried to package it as an EAR with the war file without the lib directory, and the jar files under the /library. This also did not pick up the jars.

Is there some place that I'm missing declaring these jar's as part of the classpath?

After creating the jar file just u deploy jar file by using weblogic console.
jar file will be registered in applications....

so their after before invoking the bean just u set the classpath

set classpath=.;.%classpath%

I actually think I found the problem ... in weblogic there seems to be a minor bug where if there are periods in the name before the .jar ending, it doesn't include them. One of my libraried jars had a version number and ended in 1.1.4.jar, so when I renamed it 114.jar it seemed to work okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back