Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying updates in ES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbob2

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2007
US
Anybody deploy ES updates or installs other than, at each workstation. What methods do you use?

The update to the server takes place on the download. The workstation update takes place as each workstation starts ES. ES is a "fat client", it resides on the workstation like MS office. There is no getting around the workstation update unless you use Citrix or Terminal Services.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

The easiest way I do it, is to use remotely connection to them such as logmein.com etc..

to clarify the question: specifically update or install client workstations with login script or push out with group polices. We found the commnad line switches available for the product updater and will be using them.

Yes I am aware Macola ES should detect the change, but the user will not have permissions to install the update.

Bob

You could make the users local administrators of their own machines, and this will not be a problem. If this is not a desirable solution, I know of no other way to address it.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back