Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deploying setup with Crystal reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

trenta87

Programmer
Oct 29, 2007
US
Hi

I have recently built a program which takes information held in an access database and generates crystal reports which are then attached to an email. Im having trouble with deploying this application. I want to deploy it using a setup project and have built a setup msi package and set the prerequisits for crystal reports for .net framework.

Some of the machines that i want to install the application on do not have crystal reports for .net framework on is there a way i can merge my setup to include the crystal reports for .net framework setup in aswell so i only need to run one setup when installing the application.

Please help!

Right click the Setup Project, go into Properties and click on Prerequisites.Set a tick on .Net Framework 2.0 and on Crystal Reports for .Net Framework 2.0. That should be all you need to do.

Sweep
...if it works, you know the rest..
Always remember that Google is your friend

curse.gif

If you're using .Net 1.1 you have to add the Crystal merge modules to your deployment package. I haven't released any .Net 2.0 programs that use Crystal yet so don't know if this is necessary.

Right click on the setup project in solution explorer and go to add - merge modules. Add in the following modules:
Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm
Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm
Crystal_Managed2003.msm
Crystal_regwiz2003.msm

When you're done go to Help - About Microsoft Development Environment.
Select Crystal Reports, click Copy Info and close the help screen.
Open the properties for Crystal_regwiz2003
Click the plus next to MergeModuleProperties
Paste the clipboard into the License Key property and delete everything up to the actual license code.

That should include all the crystal libraries and licensing in your deployment.

One downside is that these modules aren't small, so the size of your setup program will grow a bit.

Pat

Pat..no need on VS2005
You just include it in the prerequisites. No more messing with messy merge modules!

Sweep
...if it works, you know the rest..
Always remember that Google is your friend

curse.gif

Good to know. Thanks Sweep.

I don't know what version of VS trenta is using, but I remember how hard it was to dig up this info, so spit out a brain dump just in case it might help.

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back